What Can I do?
How can you help?
1. Carry a reusable water bottle - Did you know there are now apps to show you where you can refill your water bottle?
2. Carry a reusable coffee cup - Many companies are now coming on board with this and will welcome you bringing your own coffee cup. At the moment less than 1 in 400 are recycled.
3. Carry a canvas bag for shopping - There are some great canvas bags on the market now, why not treat yourself. You can look stylish whilst helping the ocean.
4. Say no to plastic cutlery or straws. - These products are so harmful, just say no to using them. In fact why not encourage your local restaurants and pubs to stop providing them.
5. Stop chewing gum (it contains plastic.) - Nothing more to say here!!
6. Pick up litter, especially near beaches, waterways and shorelines - Next time you visit a beach or river bank have a look at how much rubbish has washed up, you will be amazed. Make sure you collect as much as you can and take it to a recycling centre. Some beach cafes have started offering free coffee for those taking part.
7. Avoid excessive food packaging - It's incredible so see how much packaging goes in to food products. Loose fruit and veg is often cheaper than pre-packaged alternatives!
8. Recycle - If there is no way of avoiding using plastic, choose biodegradable products, or find out if they can be recycled
9. Donate to this campaign by clicking here.
10. Like our Facebook page or follow us on twitter - This will show the world that you support our campaign to reduce plastics in the world's oceans. You will also be kept up to date with news on the campaign and new ways to help.